So today I bring you a mini review of the highlighters in my collection. Highlighters are my favourite make-up item as they are so freaking pretty and can add so much to a simple or complex make-up look. Considering how much I love them, I think my collection is very restrained! (I started this post a while back and since then I may have brought another one..damn you illamasqua sale!! I also won one in a work competition but I'll do reviews of those ones separately.)
So here are my 5 highlighters. DiorSkin Nude 001, MUA Undress your Skin Shimmer Highlighter, MUA Eyeshadow 01, bareMinerals Turn On Highlighter and bareMinerals Champagne Diamond Radiance.
From left to right:
- MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter - I like this highlighter but it's a bit on the pink side so may not suit all skin types. I do find that if I'm too heavy handed it looks a bit intense...but for the £2.50 I paid for it when it was on offer, I can't complain too much!
- MUA Eyeshadow 001 - I brought this as some people had said it was nice as a highlighter an it really is! Again, you need to be quite light handed with it as its quite pigmented (being an eyeshadow you would expect this!) But used correctly it leaves a really nice shimmer on your skin and if you accidentally put too much on (leaving a white streak....) it buffs out really easily too!
- DiorSkin Nude 001 - This highlighter is simply beautiful. It's the most expensive one I have in my collection and I brought it because it was almost identical to my 17 one that I loved so much (but was a limited edition a few years ago...damn it!) It is simply the most beautiful thing I've ever owned make-up wise. It's very subtle and just gives a really nice light highlight to your cheekbones/cupids bow etc. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a highlighter that goes a long way and is very subtle. I know it's a tad expensive (£32 I think...) but it was totally worth the money!
- bareMinerals Turn On Highlighter - This is practically a loose version of the Dior one. It's very very pretty but a tiny bit more pink toned. My only issues with this one is the fact that it's so pigmented that you do have to be careful when applying it. A tiny bit goes a long way! (which is good as it'll last ages!) I got this in a set a while ago so I don't know if you can get this particular one any more, but they do radiance's that are just as pretty.
- bareMinerals Champagne Diamond Radiance - Again, this was part of a Christmas set a while ago but is so so pretty that I hope there is one that matches it for when this one runs out. It's a bit more bronze toned than the rest so works really nicely when I'm going for a more bronzed goddess (HA!) look.
Same as above but with flash on. I think this shows the shimmer of all the highlighters nicely but also shows how the MUA ones are distinctly more intense than the others.
So there's (most) of my highlighters and my thoughts on them. What do you guys think of my small collection? Any that you can recommend for me to keep my habit going strong??
Until next time,