Firstly, HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Hope everyone had a great night and that you're all enjoying the first day of 2013!
So I've decided to try and save up my empties a little bit so that it's not just 3 items per post, but also so I can feel like I've achieved something with using up a few more products...and making it look like I've used up lots too! Haha!
- Alberto Balsam Coconut and Lychee Shampoo and Conditioner - I think I had this in my empties last time....which shows how much I love it! It's cheap, doesn't make my head itch, makes my hair feel clean but soft and, best of all, smells delicious! I'm switching this up with my Lee Stafford shampoo and conditioner for bleached blondes at the moment so my next two bottles will last longer I guess. Would I buy again? Yes....and I already have!
- Tresemmé Intense Smoothing Masque - My Mum brought a whole bunch of these when they were on offer and kindly let me use one last night to give my hair a little bit of extra nourishment. Because my hair is so short, I actually only needed a small amount of this so my Mum actually used it up this morning. It smells ok and did make my hair feel very soft but I haven't noticed a huge difference really. However, my Mum has quite frizz prone hair and found that this really helped her hair a lot. Would I buy again? probably wouldn't but I think my Mum would. Any ideas for hair masques for short, dyed hair then I'd appreciate it!
- St. Tropez Body Polish - Again, pretty sure this was in my last empties post! I really like this body scrub as it's got really fine particles in it so I feel like it's really smoothing my skin a lot. It smells nice but isn't over whelming. Would I buy again? I basically have 4 bottles of this in my drawer....so yes. If I see this in my local TKMaxx for super cheap then I will always pick up a bottle (or two!)
- The Body Shop Candied Ginger Body Scrub - I picked this up in the Body Shop online sale a while back because I'd read good things about it and love the smell of Ginger.....however this was not for me at all. Firstly, I had issues with the fact that it was a pot in the shower. Ever time I used it, water would always get in! Annoying! Secondly, the smell was not like ginger at all. To me it smelt like cheap, store branded cola/cola bottle sweets. The consistency was ok but it didn't really feel like a proper scrub to me. Would I buy again? No. The smell alone was enough to put me off. Good job it didn't cost me much at all!
- The Body Shop Mango Shower Gel - Another one that was on my list last time I think! I bloody love the smell of this and really like how it leaves me feeling clean and leave a little bit of scent on my skin too. Would I buy again? Hell yes! I already have one bottle waiting to be used....might need to get another as a back up just in case!
- Natural Collection Mango and Papaya Body Scrub - I LOVE the smell of this! It's just amazing! The product itself though is a little strange. It doesn't foam (which is fine) but it doesn't really seem to stay on my skin long enough to do anything. It falls off or is washed away so easily, which is kind of frustrating. Would I buy again? Probably not.
- Gillette Venus Razor - I always used to use disposable razors until I got this. It's so much easier to use and feels much much nicer when I'm tired and can't be bothered to use any form of shaving foam. Would I buy again? Yes. I brought one the other day to replace this one as it was cheaper than buying a box of blades and I'm dirt poor at the moment! I will be buying the blades instead when I get paid!
- Pearl Drops Part Sparkle Toothpaste - I got this in poundland as I've always wanted to try Pearl Drops toothpaste.....can't say I noticed any difference in the whiteness of my teeth....but then I don't think my teeth are horrendously yellow or anything! I'd be interested in trying this again after I'd used some teeth whitening strips to see if it kept them sparkly white! (I may not have yellow teeth but that doesn't mean I don't want them a little brighter!) Would I buy again? Possibly depending on the other whitening toothpaste choices out there. (Sidenote: Please ignore the dust on the rim of the cap! I literally finished it up just after my last post and clearly just chucked it to one side and did not check before taking the photo!!)
- Pure 3 in 1 Make Up Removal Wipes - Another poundland purchase (think it's 2 for a pound) I'm trying to keep to my good nightly skincare routine as my skin goes mental when I use wipes for more than one day. I do like these ones though as they cleanse, tone and moisturise and never leave my skin feeling dry or tingly. Would I buy again? I tend to keep one pack (or two for that price!) in my drawer for emergencies/days when I'm so damn tired that I just can't process how to do my nightly routine (although I honestly haven't used these in almost 2 months!)
- Oral B Pro-Expert Toothpaste - This was a sample I ordered because...well...I like free stuff. I'm always up for trying new products so samples are really handy. I really wasn't sure on the taste of this toothpaste at all but it did leave my teeth feeling extra clean. Would I buy again? Probably not as it's nice but not great. My favourite will still be White-Glo for now!
So that's my lot of empties for two months. Pretty pleased with using up a few bits that have been around for what seems like forever (hello Natural Collection scrub....) and it's also nice to have a bit of room in my baskets in the bathroom! Anyone else feel good about finishing bits up? Hope you've all had a great start to the year!
Until next time,